Quiche is one of those timeless dishes that you can prepare for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Real men say they “Don’t eat quiche”. Really? That’s too bad, more for the rest of us.
I love preparing Quiche in a deep-dish fluted pan. The deep-dish pan makes for a very impressive presentation.
Spinach, Mushroom & Swiss Quiche
Here is a tip to keep your filling from falling to the bottom of your quiche. When adding filling to your pie crust add 1/2 then place a layer of sliced cheese in the middle then finish with remaining mixture. You will enjoy filling in every bite and a layer of extra cheese. YUM!
I also like to refrigerate the filling until it cools before adding to egg mixture.
Spinach is good for you too. Click here to learn 33 Amazing Health Benefits of Spinach. You will feel a little bit better about enjoying your quiche!
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 6 ounces fresh spinach
- 16 ounces baby
- 12 ounces Swiss cheese sliced, serve 5 slices then dice remaining cheese
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 2 store bought pre-packaged pie crust
- Line 1 deep dish or 2-" pie shells with pie crust
- Combine the eggs, cream, salt, and pepper in a food processor or blender.
- Saute spinach and garlic with olive oil until wilted
- Saute mushrooms until soft. Mix together with spinach mixture
- Layer the spinach, mushroom and ½ of diced Swiss cheese in the bottom of the pie crust, then pour the ½ of the egg mixture on top.
- Place a layer of sliced cheese over mixture then repeat with remaining spinach, mushroom, cheese and egg mixture
- Sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35 to 45 minutes until the egg mixture is set.