This dish is so simple to prepare and so flavorful it is one of my go-to dishes when I am having guests or catering a party. Chicken is my protein of choice but you may easily substitute a mild white fish, shrimp or tofu with delicious results.
I typically serve this with spaghetti squash but try it with rice, mashed potatoes or pasta.
Here is my Mediterranean Chicken over Spaghetti Squash
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast, sliced into strips
- 1 cup kalamata olives
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley or basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place spaghetti squash in the microwave for 2 minutes to soften. This will make slicing in half easier.
- Remove stem from the spaghetti squash and slice squash in half from top to bottom. Remove seeds and place squash cut side down on a lined sheet pan. Bake for 45-60 minutes or until squash is able to pull away from sides in strands. The last 15 minutes is critical to get the texture just right. Remove from oven and let cool.
- When cooled remove the skin from the flesh with a fork. At this point, spaghetti squash is ready to use.
- In a large saute pan over high heat brown chicken strips 2 minutes on each side
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, stir in kalamata olives, tomato, and garlic.
- Sauce until heated through approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Pour over cooked spaghetti squash and serve
Don’t Miss a Thing
Click the link above and get my newest recipes, tips and menus. I have a gift for joining…