I love potstickers, vegetable, pork, chicken or get creative and make a Reuben potsticker. Since potstickers are typically served as an appetizer I needed to come up with an alternative preparation to make it a meal. In my “play with your food” mindset, I thought why not deconstruct it? Make it like lasagna!
This preparation style is lighter that traditional potstickers and healthy. My clients request this dish often.
Make it vegetarian by omitting the chicken and adding your favorite vegetable. I think the vegetarian version would also make a really interesting side dish. Pair deconstructed vegetable pot sticker with Grilled Chicken or Salmon.
I hope you give it a try and enjoy it too. Let me know what you think in the comments below.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 ounces bok choy, chopped
- ½ cup green onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 egg roll wrapper sheets
- In a large saute pan over medium heat add olive oil, garlic, bok choy, shredded carrot, green onion, bok choy, and ginger saute 5 minutes.
- Add ground chicken, break apart as you saute.
- Cook until chicken begins to brown and cooked through. Stir in soy sauce.
- Divide the filling into thirds
- Soften Egg Roll Wrappers
- Heat water in a saute pan that is will ¾ with water
- When water is hot drag each wrapper in the water about 15 seconds so it begins to soften.
- Finish Dish
- In an 8x8 pan drizzle bottom with 3 tablespoons of water
- Place a layer of egg roll wrappers to cover the surface like making lasagna
- Top with layer of chicken filling
- Bake at 350 degrees 20 minutes
- Garnish with shredded carrot and green onion
- Finish with shredded carrot and green onion for garnish